Even with the emergence of direct, online and mobile distribution, the traditional sales force still has a role to play in most B2B industries.
Whether you have a captive sales force or are dependent on third party distribution, making it work for you makes all the difference. While buying sales teams is a proven way to grow, it is expensive. Most sales forces significantly underperform their potential. Common issues include:
- Sales team having to duplicate product management and servicing support provided by you
- Underinvestment in sales enablement
- A product ‘push’ approach, rather than creating a customer ‘pull’
- Lack of the actionable insights needed for targeted up-selling
- Lack of incentives to nurture dormant customer relationships
- Underutilization of CRM capabilities that you have already invested millions in
- Lack of transparency into how best to leverage the support you offer them
- Low awareness of what has worked for others like them
- Lack of clarity of brand promise and a clear client/salesforce experience
- Sales force and sales experience may not have a clear role in the value proposition to clients
Kepler has a proven track record of enabling clients in galvanizing their distribution, piloting transformative changes, and realizing measurable improvement in effectiveness.